Where to Place Your Photo Booth
You’ve done it! Your Photo Booth is rented and you’re ready for an amazing memory-making experience. The only problem is, you aren’t sure where it should actually go.
It’s true that we’ll have an experienced attendant there at your event to provide industry-tested input. But all the same, waiting that long to decide on a location is rather last minute. And you’ve probably been thinking about potential locations for your Photo Booth well before the actual day of the event.
In anticipation of that likelihood, we’ve gone ahead and included some important information here, so you can make an informed decision on Photo Booth placement [and avoid all that last minute drama].
We decided to create this article after arriving to events and being placed in the basement like Milton from Office Space.
We’ve also been placed in random rooms outside of the main room of the event, where no one can even see that a photo booth was at the event. We can go on and on about the most random locations that our photo booth’s that have been placed in that defeats the purpose of renting a photo booth.
- Your space needs to be at least 10×10 ft. This is to allow enough room for the rig and backdrop. However, it’s not a bad idea to include a little extra room for easy access.
- The Photo Booth works best up against a wall, away from windows. This is a vital detail, because natural light from windows can seep through the backdrop and result in sub-par shots.
- Consider a spot around 6ft from an outlet. Although this detail isn’t a make or break for location, it does guarantee that you won’t have an extension cord eyesore to contend with.
- High traffic areas are ideal to ensure that people aren’t inconvenienced by using the Photo Booth. That way they’ll get a lot more use out of it, resulting in a more enjoyable experience for everyone involved.
- However, areas that are too crowded should be avoided. People are going to be having fun, and that often leads to equipment getting spilled on, tripped over, knocked over, you get the picture. Finding that happy medium between too much and not enough traffic can be tricky, but the reward will be well worth it.
We’re Here to Help
If you have any questions about the best spot for your Photo Booth rental, don’t hesitate to ask! It’s our job to make sure your time with the Photo Booth is spectacular. Click here for consultation from one of our trained professionals.